One of our guests faces the critical questions of a spanish journalist from the DT magazine. Our guest “Mastro Lorenzo” shares his experiences he gained on the Eyes wide shut parties of castleevents. The interwiev language was english.
1. What made you feel attracted to Castle Events as to take part in their events? Wasn’t your sexual life full enough as to be happy without taking part in this type of practices?
Well, as maybe many others before, I saw the movie ‘Eyes wide shut’, which accelerated my fantasies about this subject of a mystical, erotic and secret society. I would describe my ‘personal’ sexual life as very satisfying and in your words full enough, but I could never get this certain kick to do it in the middle of all these other people, mingling with them and at the same time have sex with my partner.
And regarding ‘this type of practices’ I would like to add, that there are plenty of different variations on a really large scale, how you can ‘practice’…
2. Who of you both took the initiative when the time came to join this
Well, I joined with different partners already, usually inviting my lovergirls. It was never hard to convince them, but I usually took the initiative to join a certain party.
3. Was it a hard screening process led by Castle Events organization to be accepted as a member? Do you think they should be more permissive when it comes to accepting new members?
Well, I do appreciate people with a certain style and level, well kept, beautiful, classy, intelligent. So honestly, me personally I did not find the screening process that difficult. But I don’t think they should loosen their screening process up and become more permissive, since I do appreciate being among a more selected, a little more exclusive company at these kind of parties.
4. Some people might think these parties are elitist and that they arenothing more than a high-class swingers club. Do you agree with this afirmation? If not, What is what makes Castle Events different from any other club of these characteristics?
Well, I have been a few times to different kind of Swinger Clubs, and some of them were pretty elite too. The big turn off there was often, that people came in, more or less dressed, drank something and rather quick started some real action: means fucking around. What I feel is the big difference of the Castle Events is first of all the total exclusive locations: Castles and fife Star Hotels, which are not built like a Swinger Club. Already this simple fact makes my – ones – fantasy spin a lot more! Then the guests at Castleevents appear full dressed up in suits, beautiful evening dresses etc. and are masked! For the time of a classy dinner, you only see them dressed up and masked! The headmovie starts to turn during this time, the expectations and fantasies grow further. After an intriguing ceremony everything becomes possible, but still: most of the people stay partly dressed, mingle with respect, class and high level. All of this I never experienced at ordinary Swinger Clubs.
5. What type of dress code is followed in these parties? Is the usage of Venetian masks mandatory, even while having sexual encounters?
The answer is a big Yes to to later one! There are even guards enforcing the rule with the masks – which I personally like a lot! Regarding the dress code: We are all asked to dress very classy and stylish: Women in evening dresses or ‘the little black one’, men in dinner jackets, smoking, dark suit, etc. Anything fetish like, like leather, lack etc. is strictly forbidden.
6. What did you feel the first time you attended one of these events?
I loved it so much, I came back ever since! First of all it was the expecations building up through the time since the registration until the event happened! Honestly: we were not very active at the first party, since we were both a little shy and rather observing, what happened around us. But the action around us was very exciting, intriguing, arrousing and touching more or less all our senses! It was a truly sensual event!
7. I assume you are a iberal couple, Is there any place for jealousy inyour relationship? Do you talk about this frequently or just before one of these parties?
I participated 3 times with the same partner, and now 1 time with my new partner. And yes, we are – all – pretty liberal. With both my partners we had long talks about what was ok and what not, and how we would like to do it. The main goal was to make it a very positive experience for both of us. So the rules were balanced and equal for both of us. This lead to a very positive experience, so jealousy had absolutely no fertile ground to grow… I also have to admit, that me personally I am not the jealous type of man. But both of my partners are a little jealous – maybe for good reason?
8. Is there any initation ritual or scheme to follow on each party? I ask this because Iíve seen on Internet that you read some paragraphs of books such as ìDelta of Venusî by AnaÔs Nin.
Well, there is a ritual, more like a ceremony, right after dinner, to introduce the sensual aspect of the party. After the Ceremony, everything is possible… My so far I did not have or see any initiation ritual.
9. What do you think about the aesthetic that reigns at the encounters in Castle Events? Isnít it a bit dark and gloomy? Would you prefer something simpler, less baroque?
Honestly, I never heard of anybody prefering those bright lighttubes over some candlelight for an erotic and sensual moment. So I guess it is perfectly right to prefer darker and sometimes gloomy, since it kind of brings us back to that darkness we experience in our mothers belly. Isn’t it there where we kind of felt most comfortable and protected? Me personally I do love the dimmed and darker athmospere. Even more I do absolutely need it to let the inner side out, be able to do among others what I normally only do in the privest privacy. And there I already always perferred it darker, and never minded some barroque style either.
10. Who rules the roost in this type of parties: men or women? And in your couple, are you free to choose any other participant in the event to have sexual encounters with him/her?
I guess in the post-emanzipative phase where we are now, where everybody: men and women, have exactly the same right, and everything is possible, we have this total new situation, where we also have to define from case to case who is ruling and who does what. That is the reason why I believe that at castle events none of the two different sexes rule. Me anyway I have never observed any statistically significant disbalance of this equality.
In my case, I believe that we feel my dominant side strongly. But even then as a sensitive dominant I feel the needs of my partner and would want the female to have at least as much fun, so that’s why I do respect the preferences and choices of my partner at least as much as my own ones. As a consequence I do believe that she chooses almost always first, often gives me a little hint or sign, and I would then go ahead, try to make the encounter happen.
11. Could you describe any image that you may have in your head of your partner having sex with another person at any of these events?
12. Is there any non verbal language to start an encounter with another man/woman? How does this take place?
Well, I think it really hppens like in our ‘ordinary life’: you see each other at first, maybe meet at the bar, at the table or on the dance floor, try to get the attention, and if so, you o ahead. Very simple!
13. What safety and hygiene regulations are followed during the parties? Are they mandatory for every participant or the usage of condoms depends on each participant?
I do appreciate in fact, that there always are enough condoms and often also Kleenex available, where ever it might be needed. Last time in Berlin, they were even sent discretely in an envelope to our rooms before the party starts. Even though there are no clear regulations about the usage of them, at least for me, my partners and I believe for most of the – often well educated – guests it today seems kind of clear to use condoms always when changing partners.
14 Is there any type of special provisioning while the duration of the party: towels, condoms, special soaps…?
Since all the parties I attended so far happened in beautiful five star locations, which usually come along with those kind of amendities, it seems kind of unnecessary to provide special provisioning. Most of the guests also stay overnight at these locations and can draw themselves back to the rooms to freshen up. Personally I never missed anything like that at any location.
15. What type of practises are allowed by the organization: Any that might be linked to the BDSM World or even some more extreme such as the fist fucking? Are sexual toys allowed in the encounters? Who states the limits on this?
As far as I remember there is no ‘hard’ rule or border about what exactly is allowed and what not. But since we are all adults meeting, well conscious about the different legal situations in each country, I guess nobody would start with extreme practices in public. But since the parties I so far attended happened in five start hotels, there were plenty of ‘private’ rooms where you could possibly do whatever you liked. That would be totally private and up to the guests involved, whethere only one couple or with their ‘personal’ guests. So behind doors, everything is possible, much like in everybody’s ‘ordinary life’ I guess.
I have personally already used toys: chinese balls and radio controlled vibrating eggs. That brought an extra kick especially to the party in Milan, where I participated with my Ex-Partner and her Bi-Friend. Both had an egg shaped radio controlled vibrator inside, already during dinner, but also later on the dance floor.
I feel that Castleevents try to set as few limits as possible, since it kind of is a limit expanding experience, wich would be very much limited by every limit they set. But surely, as everywhere else, my freedom ends where my neighbours freedom starts! So it is all about consense and good taste. If the later has dissappeared under the influence of alcohol, I have several times observed, how the organizers and their guards discretely talked to the incriminent persons reminding them about the good taste…
16. If I ever go to one of these events, am I forced to have sex with someone or can I just stay there as a voyeur?
Freedom is the key: you don’t have to do anything nor will you be forced to have sex! As long as you come as a couple, you can participate by watching – and not starring. I am sure you know the difference well enough
17. What type of relationships are allowed by the organization: only heterosexual or maybe homosexual as well?
I did not observe homosexual partners so far, but myself I joined the party in Milan with my Ex-Partner and her bi-friend.
18. Have you ever had an unpleasant experience or have you ever been frightened at any stage? How would you describe your most pleasant one?
Honestly, it never occured to me that I had an unpleasant experience or was frightened at any stage.
My most pleasant one: Hm, I can hardly decide which one I should mention… Anyway, at the last party in Berlin, a guy who joined with two women, of which one was having fun in the bathtub with my partner and the other was not getting enough by only him, asked me: Mastro Lorenzo, could you do me a favour please and help me bring her to an orgasm? How could I not have said no. But as my partner and me agreed, I quickly went to the bathroom where she and the other girl were having fun, and asked her whether it was also ok for her if I did that – and it was ok. So I accepted that beautiful present and helped out as long as I could. All three of them were really great and beautiful people so we hope to see them again.
19. Why is the number of female attending these parties always higher than the male one?
well, is it really higher? I believe that this is not really the case, except maybe some extra women, from men who bring 2 women and maybe some women which were part of the ceremony. And then maybe some employees? I always understood that you need to register at least as a couple. But indeed, women can maybe register as single woman too…
20. The most important reference that we have of these parties is the one stated in the movie ìEyes Wide Shutî by Kubrick. Are they really like that? Is there anything dangerous about them?
‘Eyes wide shut’ is in fact the most important reference for Castleevents. And yes, the parties come somewhat really close to the reference. Except, that this sort of creepy and almost horror, if you want to call it: dangerous, kind of feeling is missing, since it is not a life endangering action like in that movie, but a well known ceremony, a feast of all senses.
21. Does it annoy you to hear that these parties are mere orgies? How would you define them?
They are certainly not mere orgies: they are pure feast of lust and all senses, sensual and erotic but not cheap! And that to me is the differnting point to some ‘cheaper’ orgies at some Swinger Clubs I visited before. And well, it would not really annoy me, since I am a really free thinking spirit. But I would well want to discuss and state the difference between those too.
22. Would you say that taking part in this type of events means following a different style of life?
Oh yes, for sure it means that! It means I allow myselff living a very free, liberal and alternative lifestyle! Expanding the boundaries of the known, accepted and conventional lifestyle in a monogamous married life is certainly a plus – and almost a craving today. I don’t have to live it out ever day, but 4 to 6 times a year, sometimes more, frees my mind and states the choices I made for my life – together with my partner!
23. Is size important or that shoulndít worry any male candidate?
Wow, that question seems to be still a big mythos! What I hear from all my female friends and partners is, that not the shear size of it matters, but the technique how it is used! Me personally I don’t seem to have this problem – according to the feedbacks. But I am sure: No, it merely does not matter!
24. Is it important to be great sexually skilled?
I would say no – but of course it never hurts! And maybe you would become sexually more skilled through castle events But as stated earlier on, you could come just watching the party.
25. How long do the sexual encounters last: just during the parties or are they taken back to the hotel rooms afterwards?
I have experienced everything: from a quicky during the party, either in some of the main halls or on the toilett, to some longer session, expanding to the whole night back in the hotel room. And I am sure you could go back fishing for new partners in the main halls over again, almost like in an aquarium